Monday, October 13, 2008

First Consult with Dr Lim - Hematologist Oncologist

October 10, 2008

Dr Lim explained that with Hodgkin's Lymphoma I have a 95% cure rate if I am in stage one or two with the disease and if I am in stage three or four I will have a 50% cure rate.
Since I haven't lost 10% of my weight Dr. Lim thinks I may be in stage one or two which is great!
In order to figure out what stage I am in Dr. Lim has ordered a PET scan tomorrow and a bone marrow test on October 24th, I HATE NEEDLES!!!

I will be having a minimum of 8 months of chemotherapy and another two months of radiation. Along with chemotherapy i will need to have a booster shot the day after my infusion.
Dr Lim has warned me that I will be losing my hair through all of this : (

I am constantly tired from night sweats, fevers, stress, and anemia. I love to sleep when ever possible and I have a very short attention span.

Dr. Lim has advised me to stay away from baby sitting, coaching, and sick people. I have to wash my hands all the time so I don't catch anything.

3 comments:

Gail Hirata said...

Hey Jaimee!
Praying for successful treatments and a speedy recovery.
Your protocol sounds a lot like what I had.
How you are feeling brings back memories.
Keep me posted and don't hesitate to call or e-mail if you have any questions.
Watch funny movies, focus on what you want the outcome to be, when you can, imagine the chemo eating the cancer cells like PacMan, and don't be afraid to sleep.
Take care.
Gail

Colleen Kokubun said...

Hi Jaimee,
We are all praying for you and keeping only positive thoughts for you. Please know that we are all behind you and your family
Love to you,
Colleen Kokubun

Nancy said...

Hi Jaimee, I'm truly sorry you have to go though all this! I'm behind you all the way. Please call me anytime day or night if you need ANYTHING! I mean it! I'm thinking of you and praying for you all the time. We're hoping for complete remission! Hang in there and be tough, Tougher than the cancer! You can kick it in the butt! love ya nancy